Microdermabrasion – ‘the instant facelift’
Microdermabrasion is a non-surgical treatment and an effective alternative to costlier and more invasive procedures such as chemical peels and plastic surgery. It is a quick and convenient treatment of:
- Fine lines
- Sun damaged and uneven skin tone
- Acne prone skin
- Black/White heads
- Superficial age spots
- Excessive oiliness or dry skin
Benefits of microdermabrasion
- The treatment is suitable for all skin types;
- Instant and visible results with no down-time;
- Microdermabrasion can remove as many dead skin cells from the outer layer as three glycolic treatments;
- The treatment encourages better cell renewal which will improve overall texture and elasticity;
- Following one session the skin is in a better condition to absorb anti-ageing and acne creams - for best results, combine this treatment with a skin peel.
How does it work?
Microdermabrasion dramatically improves your skin simply by passing a fine diamond head with a gentle suction over the skin. This technique gently removes the dead skin cells and smoothes the surface of the skin through a process of exfoliation.
Will it hurt?
Microdermabrasion is perfectly safe and painless.
How long does medical microdermabrasion take?
A session can last from 15 minutes to an hour depending on the size of the area. Some microdermabrasion treatments may take longer depending on the skin condition and the overall required results. For longer lasting overall improved skin appearance, we recommend a course of microdermabrasion treatments over a number of weeks.
If you’re considering microdermabrasion to reduce the appearance of acne or acne scars or for smoother or fresher skin, call 029 2071 3399 to book your free consultation in our Penarth clinic,